09 Apr Chocolate Roll Out Sugar Cookies
Posted at 17:46h in Recipes
Here is one of our favorite recipes for Chocolate Roll Out Cookies. Easy to do with the whole family. Great recipe to make ahead and then decorated later.
- 1 cup salted butter (room temperature)
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 ½ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together, mix in one cup at a time to form a stiff dough.
- Roll out and cut cookies on a cool, flat surface.
- Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes (depending on oven).